Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Food changes.

I need to do a eating update....
For myself more than anything.
I'm doing well, I had ZERO energy for a while, it really sucked and I REALLY wanted to give up, but even with my dearest husband eating my favorite burger (the Jack Daniele's from TGIF) right in front of me I held strong. I held strong through birthday cake and peanut butter popcorn, 'puppy chow' and frozen yogurt, ice cream and pancakes. Now I'm ready for some changes. I've shown myself that I can do it. I can say 'no' to junk foods, and live to blog about it. I DON'T think though, that a vegan diet is the healthiest diet, I have known that from the beginning yet I still think I needed the extreme to get me to where I am today.

Let's just start in the morning, shall we? My vegan friendly breakfasts have SUCKED!  I tried making oatmeal, and couldn't choke down one spoon full without adding TONS of sugar, and that's not any better for me. I tried a vegan friendly pancake recipe that look quite promising, but the texture was so wet and gross even drowning it in syrup didn't help. We all gave the garbage can a good workout that morning. In the end I've resorted to toast with peanut butter and honey every morning. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy this breakfast, but we all know why I enjoy it right? Yeah, the honey....sugar. I would feel like I had a much healthier diet if I went back to eggs for breakfast, but with spinach in place of the cheese.

Lunch, I've been eating a simple salad, with french dressing. No cheese, no croutons. I think I'll keep this up.

Dinner has been interesting, it's worked out that I end up making a normal meal for everyone else then eat rice, beans, and / or salad for myself. It's not too bad. I really don't like cooking with fake butter though, or with soy milk in place of normal milk. My other change is to dump the fake stuff for cooking with. I do enjoy almond milk (normal NOT vanilla) so I'll keep that up for just drinking, but I'm not going to cook with it or soy milk. I want my ingredients to be more natural.

So, I'm easing up on a couple rules here and there, but I need to remember that it's still black and white with no grey areas. This doesn't give me a loop hole for cookies, cake, ice cream, quesadillas, grilled cheese, or anything else I might try to sneak in.

So that's where I'm at. I'm excited to have EGGS for breakfast tomorrow! I would have done it today, but I would have felt guilty if I did it before I typed it out and made it official....silly.

*I'll need to change my button from 'my vegan adventure' to something else..... 'learing how to eat'? I'll need to come up with something a little more fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The most awesome people ever...

Search This Blog

Labels

10 (1) 11months (1) 2012 (1) 5QF (1) Aircraft (1) anniversary (1) babies (3) baby (3) baby wearing (1) basement (1) bath (1) beach (3) beautiful weather (3) bed (1) beep beep beep click (20) before and (1) before and after (34) better days (1) bike (3) birth story (1) birthday (3) black and white (1) black beans (1) blog awards (2) Blogs I love (1) BLT (1) books (1) breakfast (1) breastfeeding (2) brownies (1) bublles (1) bumgenius (1) buzz (1) c-section (2) cabin fever (1) car (1) catch up (1) Charity (1) check in (2) chili (1) Chinese (1) Chinese new year (1) Christmas (2) cloth diapers (1) clouds (1) coffee (1) concord grapes (1) connor (1) contact me (1) Cookies (3) Coralee (24) couscous (1) cousins (1) crabs (1) Critique this (2) dress (2) driving (1) duck (1) eagle (1) Easter (2) embrace the camera (1) Essex (8) evolution of a mom (1) faith (2) fall (2) family (3) fears (1) field trip (1) Fish (1) fix it friday (1) Flash back Friday (1) Flat yeast bread (1) flowers (2) Flugtag (1) food (3) four golden princess (2) four months (1) friends (1) furniture (1) future (1) garden (1) God's plan (2) gooseberry falls (1) guess the photo (1) Haakon (14) hair cut (1) halloween (1) hampton (1) healthy eating (1) homeschool (5) hotels (1) I {heart} bullet points (1) i heart faces (13) ice skating (1) insta friday (3) john (3) Kid talk (2) kindergarten (2) kindness (1) learning (1) letter of the week (1) llama (2) Mass (1) math (2) memorial day (1) menu (1) mess (1) minimalism (2) missions (1) mom n me (3) mother's day (1) move (6) movie review (2) moving (2) Munsinger gardens (1) names (1) natalie (4) nebraska (1) NH (2) NICU (1) north shore (1) ocean (1) ocean. (1) out and about (1) outside (1) paint (1) parenting (1) park (2) peanut butter popcorn (1) pet (1) photography (11) photoshoot friday (3) photoshop (1) pie (1) pillow (1) pillows (1) Pizza (1) play (2) plum island (1) portrait (1) portsmouth (1) potty (1) premature (2) Raw (1) reading (1) recipe (8) rice pudding (1) road trip (2) scavenger hunt sunday (3) scone (1) seagull (1) seasons (1) selfie (1) sewing (5) sick (1) simplicity (2) sky (1) Sleepy (1) snow (3) spring (2) sugar (1) summer (1) sun (1) sunglasses (1) supper (1) sweet shot tuesday (1) swimming (2) target (1) techno (1) thankful by the numbers (6) thanks (1) the paper mama (4) tip (1) TMMAPC (1) Today (1) toddler (2) touch up tuesday (2) trees (1) tutorial (2) underexposed (1) valentines (1) vba2c (2) VBAC (1) VBS (2) vegan (3) water (1) Whale watching (1) winter (3) wisconsin (1) wordless Wednesday (24) working out (1) year (1) you capture (4) zoo (1)

About This Blog

Changing things again.....

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP