A moment

I sense many 'reflection' posts coming up. I was planning at least one, but tonight's came up unexpected, and with Essex's first birthday and the new year both fast approaching and with SO MUCH having happened in the last year, my mind with just a whirl with reflections!

You know when (usually) a smell, or sight or sound, just instantly transports you back to memory you might not otherwise remember? Like one of my old perfumes, always brings me back to a moment in Italy years ago. The funny thing though, is with all the memories from Italy, this smell brings me to an insignificant moment standing in the stairway of my brother in law's house (he was stationed there at the time). How weird is that? That has nothing to do with tonight's memory though, that's just rambling.

Tonight we got a Christmas tree, and the instant the lights lit up, I was off. Off to a memory from a moment,  not quite a year ago.

Sitting in a still, quiet house.

I didn't know the time, all I knew was that it was the wee hours of the morning.

The fire was burning.

I was still feeling the 'high' of birth, feeding our newborn Essex.

Life seemed just about perfect. With my VBA2C accomplished, my family complete, a great home, a great community, and a great group of friends, there was nothing left to ask for.

I remember feeling simply, and fully happy.  I tucked that perfect moment away.


And boy am I glad I tucked that moment away! 

With no clue what was right around the corner, 

with no clue what that coming year would bring. 
bird watching...



Comments

Popular Posts