Princess dragons on Flying squirrels....

I really do love our new home.
New England is many things, not the least of which is beautiful. 
There are endless trails and parks to explore, and nearly every week I find myself saying
'we found a new favorite trail!' or 'a new favorite park'.
I think Beaver Creek Association is the real deal though....
our REAL favorite
hide out

Another mom at a park told me about it a couple weeks ago,
it's right near Johns work, and it's simply fantastic.

fall

With the beautiful, cooler weather we've been having,
we've done class outside there four times!

Story time

Our last project was to build a fairy house.

Fairy House

The kids loved exploring through the woods to find sicks and decorations for it.

fairy house

Hopefully a deserving fairy (who owns an umbrella) will find this a suitable home.

E
(isn't he just handsome!)

On our walk around the trails, we made up stories together.
I would tell a part, and then Coralee and Haaokon would pick details, or what happens next.
We ended up with two dragon princesses who were scared of bears. 
When their dragon horses stranded them in the woods, in their carriage,
they found a giant flying squirrel to take them out of the woods to a party
Gotta love the imagination of a child.....
and THAT is why I want to homeschool.
(but I'm still working on articulating all of that in a post)


Comments

Popular Posts