Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Squirmy Worm {baby update}

29 weeks 3 days

I thought I might be due for a little baby update.
Plus I have some pregnancy 'goals' I've been meaning to post for about 6 months now.
There more as a reminder for myself, but I want to get them 'out there'.

Here I am today, 29 weeks and 3 days.
I'm feeling all around pretty well, I just wish I had another inch or os of torso.
I can't do much about that though, so I live with it.
As some of you may know I had preeclampsia with Haakon, so we've been keeping 
an eye on that. So far my blood pressure has been perfect at every appointment, 
and I haven't had even a hint of swelling (my wedding ring even still fits)! 
I have, however had a 'trace' of protein in my urine at the last two visits,
which can be completely normal, but it does have me a little on edge.

I'm still down about 10lbs from my pre pregnancy weight,
but seeing as I was,  well...... HUGE before
I'm not going to complain. 
Not to mention baby is growing just fine, 
I still have plenty of stored energy to provide ;)


Within a week of Haakon's birth I had come up with a 
list of goals for my next pregnancy. Even though I had no clue if
there would ever be a 'next pregnancy', I knew what I was going to be aiming for.
Over all, I'm just shooting for a 'normal' birth experience.

1) A healthy pregnancy. I really want to avoid any and all complications....obviously.
I'm doing well so far in the pre-e department (though I often remind myself that all was well last time too, until 3 days before Haakon was born). I just barely squeaked by the gestational diabetes test, and I'm borderline anemic, so all that combined as me walking a thin line with this goal.
On another note, I've been very consistent with my workout routine. 
I've been hitting up the gym for 1 1/2 to 2 hours every week day.
I'm convinced that this has helped me feel better and stay healthy in many areas. 
Hopefully I can hang on for the last couple months.

2) 38 weeks. Even though Coralee was full term, I was still only 37 weeks.
Like I said, I just want this to be as normal as possible, 
and it's more likely then not my last pregnancy, so I figure lets milk it for all it's worth.
Obviously I really don't have any control here, but it's more for my state of mind.
**I'm already having a hard time sticking with this one :/ there have been a number of days I 
find myself wishing for a "as soon as it's safe" delivery, and that is exactly the state of mind I want to avoid.**

3) Labor. Yep, pretty simple, I just want to labor. I didn't have more then a few hours to labor with Coralee and no labor at all with Haakon. 
Even if I don't get a VBA2C I want to at least labor for as long as possible.
I know what you're thinking "sure you say you want that NOW, wait until your in it".
and I'm sure you're right, at least to a point, but as long as it's safe for me and the baby, it's
just something I want. 
Not laboring, for me, would be like driving to the grand canyon with a blindfold on.

4) VBA2C. Vaginal birth after 2 cesareans. I really don't even know what to expect here,
seeing as I've never really labored. I do know I have a great couple of midwives, who I trust
will do everything they can to help me.







1 comments:

PandaBear October 10, 2011 at 9:07 PM  

Don't worry, if you have two midwives, you will get your VBA2C. I had our first (and only so far) child last year, and its not that bad. I used two midwives and drove 4 hours to have my baby. If I had gone to the hospital I would have been sectioned for sure. My water was broken for 4 days before the baby arrived. That would not fly in a hospital. Just hang in there chica its almost over!

Post a Comment

The most awesome people ever...

Search This Blog

Labels

10 (1) 11months (1) 2012 (1) 5QF (1) Aircraft (1) anniversary (1) babies (3) baby (3) baby wearing (1) basement (1) bath (1) beach (3) beautiful weather (3) bed (1) beep beep beep click (20) before and (1) before and after (34) better days (1) bike (3) birth story (1) birthday (3) black and white (1) black beans (1) blog awards (2) Blogs I love (1) BLT (1) books (1) breakfast (1) breastfeeding (2) brownies (1) bublles (1) bumgenius (1) buzz (1) c-section (2) cabin fever (1) car (1) catch up (1) Charity (1) check in (2) chili (1) Chinese (1) Chinese new year (1) Christmas (2) cloth diapers (1) clouds (1) coffee (1) concord grapes (1) connor (1) contact me (1) Cookies (3) Coralee (24) couscous (1) cousins (1) crabs (1) Critique this (2) dress (2) driving (1) duck (1) eagle (1) Easter (2) embrace the camera (1) Essex (8) evolution of a mom (1) faith (2) fall (2) family (3) fears (1) field trip (1) Fish (1) fix it friday (1) Flash back Friday (1) Flat yeast bread (1) flowers (2) Flugtag (1) food (3) four golden princess (2) four months (1) friends (1) furniture (1) future (1) garden (1) God's plan (2) gooseberry falls (1) guess the photo (1) Haakon (14) hair cut (1) halloween (1) hampton (1) healthy eating (1) homeschool (5) hotels (1) I {heart} bullet points (1) i heart faces (13) ice skating (1) insta friday (3) john (3) Kid talk (2) kindergarten (2) kindness (1) learning (1) letter of the week (1) llama (2) Mass (1) math (2) memorial day (1) menu (1) mess (1) minimalism (2) missions (1) mom n me (3) mother's day (1) move (6) movie review (2) moving (2) Munsinger gardens (1) names (1) natalie (4) nebraska (1) NH (2) NICU (1) north shore (1) ocean (1) ocean. (1) out and about (1) outside (1) paint (1) parenting (1) park (2) peanut butter popcorn (1) pet (1) photography (11) photoshoot friday (3) photoshop (1) pie (1) pillow (1) pillows (1) Pizza (1) play (2) plum island (1) portrait (1) portsmouth (1) potty (1) premature (2) Raw (1) reading (1) recipe (8) rice pudding (1) road trip (2) scavenger hunt sunday (3) scone (1) seagull (1) seasons (1) selfie (1) sewing (5) sick (1) simplicity (2) sky (1) Sleepy (1) snow (3) spring (2) sugar (1) summer (1) sun (1) sunglasses (1) supper (1) sweet shot tuesday (1) swimming (2) target (1) techno (1) thankful by the numbers (6) thanks (1) the paper mama (4) tip (1) TMMAPC (1) Today (1) toddler (2) touch up tuesday (2) trees (1) tutorial (2) underexposed (1) valentines (1) vba2c (2) VBAC (1) VBS (2) vegan (3) water (1) Whale watching (1) winter (3) wisconsin (1) wordless Wednesday (24) working out (1) year (1) you capture (4) zoo (1)

About This Blog

Changing things again.....

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP