Last words.....

So you're driving down the road, and you witness a terrible accident. You're the first to the car, where you find a man clinging to his last breath. He pulls all his energy together, to slur out six last words "tell my wife I love her". He then closes his eyes and breaths not another breath.
Now you have been asked by a stranger to carry out this simple task. How do you prioritize accomplishing this task? "oh I better go home and blog about this....maybe she'll see my post" or do you blow it off thinking "eh, that would be an uncomfortable conversation, I'm sure someone else will tell her, or better yet, I'm sure she already knows". I would venture to guess, that most people would take that responsability rather seriously you would be happy to bring her a sliver in comfort in knowing her husbands last thoughts were with her.

I've been feeling convicted lately about NOT taking Jesus' last words seriously. We can't try to pretend that His last words were just a simple suggestion. Nope, they were a serious command. A serious command that many of us think 'is for other people'.

So what were his last words? What is this serious command we've all been ignoring?
"19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." {Matthew 28:19&20}


I don't know what you guys guys think, but thats a pretty big task to carry out! Yet, at the same time, it's so simple "go and make disciples". There really isn't anything too tricky about that, I don't need to organize an elaborate no-profit to help people with an obscure disease, I don't need to make a 5 step plan on how to become a Christian. Just, make disciples. How do you do that? Well, Jesus did it by investing years of his life in the relationships with his disciple. So, I think that could be a good place to start.

I know one thing for sure, this blog is doing SQUAT to make disciples. It's fun and all, but God is showing me that I have a responsibility to Him first,and this is taking away from that. So I'm taking a step toward that great commission, I don't know exactly what it'll look like, but I'm going to go and make disciples.

Good bye. It's been a blast, and you all have been true inspirations to my photography. Thanks.


Maria

{ps: go read 'Radical' by David Platt, it might change your life.}

Comments

  1. Will miss you ...
    I just checked out this book on Amazon...it sounds life changing for sure, Something I think Ineed to order, hoping you stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you can share Jesus in many ways.
    I am sorry you can't do that with your blog.
    I hope I share a little of Him in every post.
    Every sentence.
    Because He is there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts