Touch up Tuesday {with 2 hours to spare...}

Touch Up Tuesday's at the Paper Mama


There is quite a lot that went wrong with this photo....for starters it was really more of a snapshot.
Haakon picked up my sister in law's camera and started saying "cheese" so, faster than spit up on a clean shirt I grabbed my camera to take a picture of him with his camera.
What else went wrong?
A: He is in the middle of the shot.
B: I don't ever clean off his dirty face.
C. I cut off his feet.
D: My camera bag is laying there open in the grass (this would be ok if it was a cute epiphanie bag).
E: Underexposed
F: I'm sure there is more.....
SOOC

3to7 070

What I did:
* CROP
* Clone tool to get rid of my bag (I liked the bag at his feet).
* I went to town with curve adjustments.
* I slightly desaturated the grass (after the curve adjustments it was waaaay harsh on the eyes)
* I cleaned his face a little with the healing brush tool.
* I added a lens flare (sometimes I'm really against doing this).
* I added some contrast in his eyes.
* I wished there was a way to put his feet back on.
* waited for my wish to come true....it didn't.
* I ran my two FAVE actions. Butterscotch vintage (reduced opacity to about 40%), and Johnna's tea party (using the 'pop' layer at about 60%).
* Ran my own 'rounded corners' action (I would share it if I knew how).

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts