Cold Turkey {yumm!}

Cutting back doesn't work for me.
There have been a few times where I have found myself drinking WAY too
much caffeine.
I've tried cutting back,
but cutting back gets me nowhere.
I've found that the only way to 'cut back'
is to quite completely.
Cold Turkey.
Give it up.
For a few weeks, I have to get it all out of my system.
Finally once I have no desire to have any at all,
that's when I can start letting myself drink small amounts again.

Well, this time the problem isn't caffeine.
Here is an example of what I eat in a day
Breakfast: Egg sandwich with  cheese.
Lunch: Sandwich (lunch meat and cheese)
Dinner: Chicken Cordon Bleu

Notice a trend?
Meat and cheese.
Meat and cheese.
Meat and cheese.

It needs to stop!
Seriously I've got a million different way to prepare meat and cheese, and I'm sick of it.

So, cut back?
I already know that wont work.
I've decided to embark on a 30 day quit 'cold turkey' adventure.
I'm quitting meat and dairy....
in other words
I'm going vegan.
*YUCK!
DID I REALLY JUST TYPE THAT?
SOMEBODY CHECK, HELL MAY HAVE JUST FROZE OVER!*

It's true.
No I'm not feeling morally obligated to protect any animals,
I just need to force myself into a better (more diverse) diet,
and this is the best way I can think of to do it.
So, am I going to be vegan forever?
According to some websites I looked at,
I'll feel 100,000,000,000,000 times better
and I'll never dream of going back to my carnivorous ways.
Somehow, I think I'll eat meat again,
or at least dairy.
I mean, with my massive cheese consumption no longer a part of the market,
I think dairy farmers ever where would suffer a terrible loss.
No, farmers everywhere need me and my animal consumption.
For now I'm planing on 30 days.
From August 23rd to September 21st, I'll be animal free.
That means no *real* birthday cake at Coralee's birthday party...
we'll she'll get a real one, I'll just have to make a second vegan friendly one :(
If by some odd chance, after 30 days, I'm feeling a little SUPER loopy,
maybe I'll keep it up longer :o

Wish me luck,
I'm going to need it!

***look for my new tab "My vegan Adventure"
I'll put it up some time this week with all my
crazy vegan posts***
sigg

Comments

  1. Great idea! We joined a CSA this year and that has forced me to learn to love other veggies besides peppers and onions (and guess what? I DO!!!) Sometimes you just have to make yourself do it! And theres TONS of sources out there for vegan food. check out www.meatlessmonday.com for (obviously) meatless recipes...many of them are vegan as well. And try out using almond milk as a sub for cow's in muffins and pancakes...it's wonderful!
    Good luck! I can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just happen to have Almond milk in the fridge right now :) Hoping I can learn to like it better than soy milk.....I'm just not a big fan of soy milk.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts