We have a little secret....

We have a little secret at our house.

Are you ready for it?

It's a big one.

Meet the REAL Haakon and Coralee:
H {pass kid}

C {pass kid}


That's right my kids like to sport the pacifier.

It's just for night time these days, and
I always told myself
"I don't care if they have it at night until they're 20"
BUT
Like with so many mothering decisions,
I'm starting to change my tune.
~~~*~~~
A: It's a pain in the butt, if they drop it at night.
H {pass kid}
.
B: It gives them bad breath.
.
C {pass kid}
.
C: We have to go through a 'put you pass away' tantrum every morning.
.
H {pass kid}
.
D: Haakon finds one on the floor, throws it in the toilet, then puts it back in is mouth.
{ok that only happened once, but that's one too many times}
.
C {pass kid}
.
E: I'm just getting sick of them.

~~~*~~~

So, I have a plan.
We have already started talking to Coralee about our new house,
and how there are no pass' at our new house.
She gets a little sad and asks why.
"well the new house is just so special, that you can sleep with out one."
She seems ok with this explanation,
but I have a feeling the actual process won't be so smooth.
I'm also planing on letting her pick out a spacial blankie or stuffed animal to have instead.

Do you think the 'new house' thing will work?
I'm a little scared she may just end up hating the new house,
and wanting to move back in with Grandma.
YIKES!
but we have to do it.
I'm so done with the pass.
Anyone have any advice for me?
I'll take it!




Comments

  1. Ooh, tough one! You could try the whole faery thing, when a faery comes and takes all the pacifiers to the babies who need them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never know...my first 2 children used them until they were 3 and we just traded a much wanted toy for them. It seemed to work great. Like they only asked for the paci a few times. I've also heard of people attaching the binky to a balloon and letting them "fly away"! I'm thinkin' that's pretty genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The good news is that they're still adorable with it right now. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With both our kids they had them at night until they were three, my daughter a bit longer...but with my son, I had him put one (his fave, and the only 1 left!) in an envelope, and we mailed it to God, who in turn would give it to a child who really needed it! Now with my daughter, we went to bed one night and talked it over with her, told her that in the morning she really needed to throw ALL of her nukies away! And the next morning she gathered them all up and 1 by 1 threw them away! That night she asked for one 1 time and we stearnly said "nope, you threw them away remember?" Good luck coming up with a plan, be strong, they'll make it through just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Half the battle is coming up with a plan and sticking to it! (Sometimes I find that after I decided what to do, magically the kids cooperate without much effort). You can do it!!! I found that I tried not to linger in the bedroom too long so that Madison couldn't even get to asking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't forget, Maria, that you're trying to separate the two of them into different rooms in a new house and taking their one comfort away...that's a lot for those little kiddos to handle all at once. Be ready for some pretty bad nights. Paying for a Build-a-Bear worked awesome for Nat. It was so much more about the experience than just a new toy. (Here's a secret, let Coralee put her paci inside the animal along with it's heart! so sweet!) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts