do I smudge the weekend into one post, or try to break it up? one post it is.

Saturday.
Saturday was a perfect summer day.
The high was only 76 (ish) and
there were clouds coming and going, all day
making sure I never got too hot and uncomfortable.
We spent the morning....
I have no clue, we must have just 'chilled' it away.
Anyway, we went to the Farmington parade,
in the early afternoon.

Farmington Dew Days parade
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't know these people, but that little boy was just too cute!
Farmington Dew Days Parade

Can we say perfect parade weather?
Seriously, nice and cool, no squinting in the sun!
Perfect.
...
That evening John had to draw,
so I took the kids to the FREE pool at the Wabun picnic area
at Minnehaha Falls.
It was perfect, because (it wasn't blessed hot) there wasn't too many other people there.

Wabun Picnic area - Minnehaha falls

Wabun Picnic area Minnehaha falls

My little water bugs had a blast.
Saturday was a perfect summer day.
~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~
~~~~~~~~~

Sunday!
Is it just me, or is Father's day always way better than Mother's day?
I wake up on Mother's day with expectations, and feelings of entitlement....
that's not a good way to start any day.
What a great life lesson though, seeing how much more enjoyable life is, when you start your day aiming to SERVE the one you love!
...
Anyway, we started the day with scones, YUMMY!
Then we headed to the Stone arch bridge art festival.

Stone arch bridge festival {father's day} 2010

Stone arch bridge festival {father's day} 2010
Stone arch bridge festival {father's day} 2010

It was pretty fun, though we regretted not having the double stroller....
in fact that little error put quite the dent in John's father's day :/
Oh well, what can ya do?
All in all it was a great family day.
.....and that is our weekend squished into one post.
I hope you all had a GREAT Father's day weekend!
I should have posted something about the wonderful father of my children,
or my wonderful father.
I guess I'm just following my Mother's day 'theme' by
not doing so......
there's always next year ;)

Comments

Popular Posts