Be still and listen

John and I have recently started on our hunt for a place to live.
Did you know we have been living for the last 14 months with my parents?
We have.
It has it's benefits for sure, but it's time to move on.
When we first decided it was time to go, I told myself
"God will provide just the right place at just the right price, I'm not even going to search for anything over $___"
Searching for places in that price range got me TONS of scam ads, lots of itty bitty little apartments that our family of four could not function in, and a few nice places an hour (or more) away from John's work, and quite a few run down places in very unsafe neighborhoods.
So I expanded the price range, to what we could afford, but not have much left for saving (we are still trying to save up to buy a home).
Things got a little better, but we still weren't having much luck.
So once again I expanded our price range, this time with the idea that I could take on a evening/ weekend job (which I think I would enjoy).
Between the start of this search to now, what happened?
Did I completely lose faith that God will provide the 'right place at the right price'?
Or is God leading us to something else?
Is he leading me to an evening job where I'll enjoy time with adults and be able to share His love with the people there?
Or did I just completely lose faith?
This 'still soft voice' of God's is something I struggle with.
I always have.
I can't tell you how many times I've prayed that he just take over, because I don't know what he is saying, and I don't trust myself to actually listen to what I might be hearing.
On another point, how will I ever hear Him,
if I never take the time to stop and listen?
This is what I'm working through these days.
Oh, and I still havn't been able to get a good photos of Coralee's SUPER CUTE hair cut.
I know!
It's been raining for days, we've been stuck inside and I havn't had my camera out at all.
The sun finally broke through this morning.
Hopefulle I'll get something for you today:)
........
...
.......
More importantly though,
Please pray for baby Natalie!
I posted about her a few days ago,
and she is still in need of lots of prayers.
Please pass along her prayer needs to everyone you know.
Thanks.
......and I'm off to search craigslist.


DSC_5610a

Comments

Popular Posts