a month at a time

I've been trying forever to get a menu planned for an entire month out. Every time I sit down to do it, though, I struggle just to get one week done. I HATE menu planning! I finally did it though, I have just over a month planned out.


I started with daily 'themes'.


Mondays and Thursdays, I have the car so by the time I pick up John at 5:00 we don't have all day to make a meal, so those days are planned accordingly.




Monday= Quick and Easy (usually a sandwich)


Tuesday = Mexican


Wednesday= Asian / seafood


Thursday = make ahead


Friday = try something new (seems like every thing is new this month)


Saturday = home made Pizza / something fun and kid friendly with a dessert


Sunday = Grilling (it's springtime!!)




Monday March 29th = PBLT's


Tuesday March 30th = Kiddie enchiladas


Wednesday March 31st = Honey glazed chicken stir fry

Thursday April 1st = Roasted Corn and pepper soup and salad

Friday April 2nd = Grilled Chicken

Saturday April 3rd = Pizza! with cupcakes

Sunday April 4th = Happy Easter!

Monday April 5th = Chicago dogs

Tuesday April 6th = Tacos

Wednesday April 7th = Broiled Tilapia Parmesan

Thursday April 8th = Baked Mac and cheese

Friday April 9th = Tomato Zucchini Casserole

Saturday April 10th = To die for fettuccine with Brownies

Sunday April 11th = Turkey burgers

Monday April 12th = Easy French dip sandwiches

Tuesday April 13th = wanna be chipotle burritos

Wednesday April 14th = Honey vanilla chicken

Thursday April 15th = Muffaletta
Friday April 16th = Chicken nuggets

Saturday April 17th = Pizza with ice cream Sundays

Sunday April 18th = Grilled chicken

Monday April 19th = Grilled cheese and tomato soup

Tuesday April 20th = Fish Tacos

Wednesday April 21st = peanut butter noodles

Thursday April 22nd = Spaghetti pie

Friday April 23rd = Baked coconut chicken

Saturday April 24th = Happy Birthday cousin Ethan!

Sunday April 25th = Hamburgers and hot dogs

Monday April 26th = Buffalo wings

Tuesday April 27th = Tacos

Wednesday April 28th = Orange chicken

Thursday April 29th = Pot roast

Friday April 30th = Grilled Mexican corn (if I can get corn and the weather is nice)


MANY of these recipes are new to me, I plan on taking notes on each of them to decide if we want to repeat it or not next month. I linked to all the recipes that I could, the rest I'll blog once I've made them. Here we go hopefully I can stick to it, and they taste ok.....



DSC_2794bw

Comments

  1. I use themes like that, too! Except I only plan one week in advance. We do Mexican, Pasta, chicken, grill food, and something with turkey. The other nights we eat out! Tonight is enchiladas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I love it when I actually get a meal plan made up. thanks for the ideas! I look forward to new recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts