Feeling Blue

I'm sure you all know Amanda over at I am mommy
and if you know Amanda, you know about her beautiful rainbow cake!
Well I fell in love with her rainbow cake the moment I saw it.
I knew that some day I would just have to give it a try.
So as Haakon's birthday was rolling around the corner I thought that might be a good time,
BUT,
Haakon isn't really a 'rainbow' kind of a boy,
he's a boy's boy....all blue.
So I decided to do a bunch of layers of different shades of blue.
Oh it looked SO cool in my head!
Then I started working on it.
I chickened out.
Lots of layers is hard!
I ended up with three layers of blue,
and while it wasn't quite what I had in mind,
I'm fairly happy with how it turned out.
To top it all off, I didn't have feel bad about feeding my kids gallons of food coloring,
because only an irresponsible mom would feed their kids THAT much food coloring :)



Comments

  1. I LOVE it. Love Love Love it. Really... I am actually working on a cake similar to this!! So, my dear, I am VERY impressed with your creativity and ingenuity!! Well done!!

    It is SO beautiful!!

    Great job!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts