Take a deep breath, and.....

*Sigh* 

We made it through our first week of home school!
I don't think I've ever talked about our decision to try homeschooling,
I'll have to post more about my, ever evolving, thoughts on that later.

To keep this post a little more simple, 
I have many reasons why I want to home school.
I'm just not 100%  sire that it's for me.....
I mean if you've spent any amount of time reading any
of my blog posts, you'll see I lack a certain amount of grammar, spelling and writing skills.
If you know me very well, you'll also know that I lack a certain amount of math skills.
....that doesn't leave me with much confidence in my teaching abilities.
But, I still want to make it work, if I can.

So with Coralee being a September birthday, back in Minnesota she missed the cutoff for Kindergarten this fall. Here in New Hampshire, though, she made the cutoff.
We decided that if she was going to do public school, we would want her to be one of the oldest in the class, rather then the youngest. This is the advice that was given to us by teachers as well as people who had been in both situations. 
I decided that this fall would be a perfect 'trial run' for home school.
If we feel like it doesn't work out and we don't want to continue, we'll just enroll her in Kindergarten next year with no time 'lost' (not that it could really be a total loss).
If things go great, we'll just continue on to a first grade curriculum.

Our first week went pretty well!
John was home sick from work the first couple of days, which threw things just a little 'off' 
but it was fine just the same. Flexibility, it's one of the benefits of homeschooling right?


Coralee 1st day


school
{Glue a bead to the end of a wooden kabob skewer, and then bead patterns onto the skewer}


plaid
{wearing my old dress from kindergarten}


cartwheel
{learning cartwheels in the grass}


H



C can tie her shoes
{and MY proudest moment of the week: After showing her just two times how to do it, Coralee tied her shoes ALL BY HERSELF!}


Comments

Popular Posts