Saturday November 13th

6:45 - wake up

7:10 - watch news, hear that the 'heavest bands of snow' will be right in my path.

7:11 - tell John snow is a part of Minnesota, you can't let it control what you will or will not do.

7:45 - Coralee and I hit the road, (for what should be an hour and a half drive) with just light snow falling.

8:10 - The snow is getting MUCH heavier. I Realize I managed to start our day without bringing any shoes for Coralee. We stop at Target.

9:29 - Or drive should have been over by now. I'm running out of gas and Coralee is screaming "I JUST WANT TO GO POTTY!"
*this is the view from the car*
DSC_9926

9:30 - Exit the highway to stop at a gas station.

9:45 - Despite my 'okay' familiarity with the area, and the fact that I am very much in the metro, I can't seem to find a gas station. We pull into a snow filled parking lot for Coralee to 'mark her teritory'.

10:00 - While running on fumes, I finally pull into a gas station....I pull up on the wrong side of the car. I turn around, but I'm still on the wrong side of the car. I break out in hysterical laughter, seeing that a lady in another car just watched me get it wrong twice. Third time was a charm though, finally I'm able to pump gas.

11:30ish - We finally made it to my moms! I took a few minutes to take in the beauty of all the snow.... We ate lunch and relaxed.

DSC_9931

DSC_9928

DSC_9927

DSC_9932

1:30 - Head out to the baby shower

1:50 - Try to pass a stuck UPS truck on a small dirt road, not enough room to pass, I get just a little stuck. Men on hand to get me right out.

1:55 - turn around in a culdisac so I can park on the right side of the street....stuck (again). No men in sight this time. About 5 minutes of back and fourth and I'm free!

2:00 - Pull into un-plowed driveway. As soon as my wheels come to a stop I realize two things. 1) I'm at the wrong cousins house!  2) I'm stuck {again}. *I begin with the forward - reverse - forward - reverse...

2:10 - My uncle comes out (I didn't look like anyone was home because their power was out) to help me!

2:30 - I'm out!!!! Uncle gives me his cell number in case I get stuck on the hill (where the UPS truck had been)

2:33 - I'm can't get up the hill, I call my uncle.

2:43 - He comes to the rescue with snow chains on his tires.

2:44 - Neighbor with bob cat sees us and comes to plow a path for me on the hill. 

2:45 - Finally on my way to the baby shower!

3:15ish - Make it to the shower!!!!!

5:35 - head back on our (thankfully) uneventful ride home.

DSC_9934


8:00 - I'm home. I tell John that he might have been right.

Comments

  1. Wow. What a day! Those are some beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not even imagine. I won't even drive in an inch of snow. lol. Glad you made it safely. Gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, goodness. Totally had me cracking up!

    Yes, snow is part of Minnesota, but, well, on Saturday he was probably right... glad you made it back safe and sound!

    (I happened upon a link to your blog somewhere... guess it's my way of meeting new people, hehe)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts