Wisconsin, and keeping your husband happy

I have some crazy friends.
Crazy awesome that is.
Chips

Anyway, one friend totally randomly came to Minneapolis last week
(I hadn't seen her in at least 5 years).
Her little hop through Minnesota, was worthy of a little hop over to Wisconsin to visit
another friend.
This is typically a trip I would take with just the kids.
We don't always DO a lot when we get together.
There are babies / kids to take care of and us girls are pretty happy to just sit around and talk.

garden
John has been working pretty hard lately, so this time he though he would come with and try to have a little fun.
I warned him....
"It might not be a ton of fun"
"You know they have twins, so there is a lot of time spent sitting and feeding."
"Are you really, really SURE you want to come?"
Of course I LOVE when John does take a break from working to hang out,
so I was a little excited that he was feeling up to a day of just chillin'.

dock dance
Of course us girls had an AWESOME time.
We talked.
We laughed a little at the 'country' family / hick town my friend married into.
We swam.
We held babies.
We simply hung out.
It didn't take too long, however, to see that John was getting board.
He is used to doing, doing, doing, and just hanging out, doesn't sit well with him.

back off!
It was fairly obvious, he wasn't enjoying himself.
We all tried to entertain him, but it didn't exactly work.
In the end I must admit I am quite proud of how well, he did.
I knew the day would be hard for him, and even though we coud tell he wasn't really having any fun, I know from experiance, that he could have gotten quite crabby, and he didn't.
Anyway, it was discussed that, John is not the only husband out there who gets this way.
Imagine that!

So what I want to know is how many of you have been through this?

*You are fine to go some place alone (with the kids of course).
*Husband insists on coming with, despite you informing them that they will NOT be enjoying themselves.
*Husband gets crabby because he isn't having fun.
*Your fun bubble gets popped because husband is crabby.
*You have to go home earlier than you wanted because everyone is now crabby.

Seriously, I didn't think John and I were the only ones to go through events like this, but I didn't think anyone else I knew went through it. So, maybe it's more common than I thought.
Do you and your husband do this little dance?

Comments

  1. Ahhhh, been there! And now I just say I'm going without him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. WE went through this yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts