Hiding

Hiding behind the 'vintage look'
Yes, I usually love that vintage look in photographs.
All the warm tones, the imperfections, the worn and well loved feel.
I also love the bright vibrant colors of a 'normal' photo though.
Colors that are true to the actual image.

16th 009b
I have a problem with white balance.
Recently I have learned how to understand it much better.
It's really pretty easy,
maybe some day (when I'm more comfortable with it) I'll go more in depth, on the 'how to'.
Anyway, despite, the fact that I have taken the time to learn and understand it better,
and despite the fact that it's really pretty easy to get it set correctly in your camera,
for whatever reason, I don't do it.
I don't take the 30 seconds to set my camera to the correct white balance, and so I feel like my colors are always off.
So what do I do?

16th 004b
I make them even more off, so it looks on purpose, and I hide behind the
'vintage look'.

8&9 095a
Now don't get me wrong, typically I am happy with the end result,
Usually I love how they look,
but I got to be honest,
I'm a little sick of making ALL my photos look that way.

8&9 063a
I realized this, when I decided I wanted a break from it.
I wanted to make one of my photos, look clean fresh and bright,
but I couldn't do it!
That's when I realized I was using the old time look to hide all my imperfections.
BUMMER!
Anyway, in May I'm not going to do ANY vintage photos for the entire month!
YIKES! hopefully it will challenge me to get a little better.
Wish me luck!


8&9 064a 8&9 064b

Have I been slacking on the recipie front or what?

Who thinks it's high time I post a new one?

Comments

  1. Your images are not showing up. I'm curious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange, they're just from flickr.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on not fixing my white balance. I always say that I don't need to worry about it because I shoot raw and can fix it in Lightroom. I would really like to get the shot right in the camera, seriously want to get a grey card and do a custom. white balance setting. Maybe I will make it my goal this week!!! I love the pictures, especially the one with her and her umbrella facing away from the camera, precious!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts